Let’s appreciate WordPress !
There is a misconception that WordPress is mainly used by Bloggers but the truth is, it is so valuable in Business that the likes of Sony, CNN and Ebay use it. WordPress is such a versatile and valuable tool; it has become one of the most popular content management systems (CMS) in the world. You don’t have to be an HTML coder expert to be able to edit in WordPress, all edits can be achieved without the need to understand the intricacies of using complicated coding. There is an additional benefit of it being free in price, free and easy in use and it is priceless for its capabilities. WordPress is over ten years old now, they have fine tuned every aspect, this publishing platform has so much to offer a Business; here are just some of the benefits:
What can WordPress do for you?
- WordPress is ready to use immediately, straight after installation.
- Incredibly versatile due to wide-ranging features that can meet all demands.
- It is very easy to learn because it is so user friendly and is a universal platform. The WordPress dashboard always retains the same appearance for intuitive ease of use.
- WordPress is already mobile friendly, themes are responsive and not a challenge for use on smart phones etc.
- A huge variety of Plugins and themes are available to completely customize your site and achieve the functionality and aesthetics you actually want.
- Google prefers sites powered by WordPress because the framework is easy to crawl. Google Engineer Matt Cutts said “WordPress automatically solves a ton of SEO issues.”
- Security is maintained with an automatic software update feature to avert attacks. WordPress also notifies you whenever there are updates for your themes and plugins.
- It is very straightforward to upload multimedia files and files can easily be edited when using the media library screen.
- WordPress is incredibly cost effective, the software is free. Updating the look and feel of your website is simple due to the availability of thousands of free themes to choose from.
- There is a vast community support group available for any troubleshooting needs.
- Flexible hosting because WordPress works with most servers and making a switch is not as problematic as it once was.
- Schedule posts in advance to meet your ideal traffic times.
- Mobile apps make it possible to publish your content wherever you are.
- There are a number of e-commerce solutions that will convert your site into a digital store by using available plugins. If you want to achieve additional functionality for your website, there will be a plugin! Take a look at what is available http://wpapprentice.com/courses/wordpress-plugin-guide For further help, there are many tutorials available to get you started, for example http://wpapprentice.com/courses/free-wordpress-tutorials/ there are also quite a selection of tutorials on YouTube.
WordPress gives users complete control over their professional looking, highly functional website. Business owners are likely to see that as the single most important benefit of utilising WordPress.